Poem - Waiting For You

Why is love so confusing and harsh
One minute it is there and going full steam ahead
The next it is crashing violently against a brick wall
You smile at one blissful moment and then you are gasping for air as your heart is ripped from your chest
Each attempt at joy falls flat like a hot air balloon rapidly losing air
Weightless your stomach drops as you fall freely int the sky
Please notice me I scream against the wind as tears well in the corners of my eyes
My voice is nothing more than a squeak in the vast noise around me
Wishing I could be heard, noticed or even looked upon
I deserve more from you and do not want to be second place
I want to be first in your heart and mind
I know we have a lot of our lives ahead and being tied down is scary
I am here for you holding your hand willing to take that leap with you
Here to help you stay focused and on course in your life to reach your goals
Willing to make time to be with you despite our different schedules
I know you are scared but dont be, simply let me in
I am willing to wait for you to make up your mind
I am not giving up and will stand my ground and let in so we know one another
Please oh please do not take too long
I dont want you to miss out on a life you could have
Take a chance on me, I am worth it I promise