Poem - Snow Angel

Crisp air of chills my skin as I walk out the door
The impending snow can be smelled in the air mixed with a log fire off in the distance
Wind blows against my coat as I bundle up tighter to keep my bones from rattling

My coat is not enough to keep the cold out
Chills creep in through tiny spaces in my armor of clothing
Making my warm exterior icy cold

I look up into the heavens yearning for your warmth
Knowing that you are not near me in my time of yearning
Wishing I could be in your arms our body heat mingling to warm us up

The first flake hits my cheek and melts like a tear spilling down onto my shoulder
I close my eyes and let the flakes land on my closed eyelids feeling like cold little kisses from you
Flakes fall faster onto my face and the rest of my body

Snow has begun coating the ground in a blanket of white as fine as silk
I lay down with arms outstretched ready to welcome the snow on my body
Sticking my tongue out and tasting the flakes

Colder than I have felt, not because of the weather but because of being alone
Wishing you were laying on the ground next to me giggling and making snow angels
Running and having snowball fights and wrestling each other to the ground

I see a figure coming towards me through the snow and mist
It looks like a person, it looks like you
It IS you, my own personal snow angel making my life complete