Poem - Taken

You were taken from me in the night
Like a blanket not quite fitting over my legs feet uncovered and cold
The place next to me where you used to lay your head is empty
Slightly warm and indented from where your body lay
Your smell lingers in the bed and
Stray pieces of hair lay on the pillow where you head used to lay
Gone like a mystery that may never be solved
Steadfast you were there for me together we slept
Joy and laughter emitted out mouths and shown on our faces
Like permanent makeup never to come off that is suddenly wiped away
I wait for you to return to my side
Hoping you will come back one day to brighten my day
Your presence was not my entire life I can survive without you
Your body and soul enriched my life so much
I search for you near and far hoping to find you once again
Never giving up hope