Poem - Lost My Way

Losing your way can actually be fun and enlightening when you want it to happen
Taking a long drive on a road that you don't know where it will take you
Seeing the trees pass by my window no leaves on them
Like people with arms open and waving waiting to hug me and hold me tight
I drive past like a banshee on a bicycle with no brakes
Slamming my feet to the pavement to try and stop my movement
I feel the concrete tearing at the heels of my sneakers
I flip over the handlebars flying head over heels
Landing on the ground looking up at the sky
Grey swirls of clouds stare back at me
The gavel of the pavement on my elbow making tiny indentations into my skin
I am lost, far from home
Not knowing where to go
Not knowing who to turn to
Looking for the light at the end of the tunnel
Suddenly a hand reaches out to me
I reach to take it grasping it and pulling myself to my feet with her aid
Loving the texture of her warm skin in the palm of my hand
Much more comforting that the cushioned handle bars of my bicycle
I dont want to let her go
Maybe I am not going to be lost for too much longer
Or maybe we will be lost together