Poem - Life Worth Living

I am struggling to find a life worth living
If only I could have the warm lick of a dog against my cheek on a cold day
Or feel the bliss of sleeping next to the woman I love as she spoons against my body
The smell of salt in the air from the waves breaking nearby
All of these things remind me of a happy moment in my life
A moment I wish I could bottle up and store for a rainy day
Wanting and hoping for more than I can ever have
Dreaming of a day of happiness with someone to hold
I have been shattered not once, but twice my heart lays mangled on the floor
Being walked over by people not paying attention without a care for my well being
A life worth living continues to slide farther and farther from my grasp
I run fast against the wind to catch this so called "life worth living" to no avail
Panting I lunge my body forward not knowing if I can make it
I wish I could finally find happiness
I dream of a better day to come
Waking in a cold sweat I lay in bed realizing I am all alone
And even further from my life worth living