Cant Stop

I cant stop thinking why I do the things I do
What leads me down the path of self destruction
I wonder how much anyone could care for me if I don't care for myself
Wanting and hoping for a better life I struggle with my own dreams
Dreams that turn into nightmares with the flip of a switch
One moment I am living a happy idyllic life and the next I am weighed down
The deepest despair resting upon my shoulders like rusty shackles never to be removed
People tell me that life is worth living and that "I would be missed"
I could never bring myself to leave this world the world I despise at times
Because I know that there is a silver lining to every cloud
As cheesy as that may sound I am hoping that it is actually true
Life could be much easier if people shared their thoughts and were more open
I want to be open with all of you about my thoughts and wishes
Please do the same with me, for the love of anything that is holy do that for me
For my sanity and out of compassion for another human being
There are a number of bridges that I have burned and I regret that
I fear that there is no way to ever repair them
I think that people are not willing to forgive
People say I should move on and not care about what others think of me
That is easier said than done
I would give anything for another chance
A chance to rewind the movie to the beginning and not spill the popcorn