Poem: Untitled Poem

Sliding through the blades of grass at a snails pace
My body undulates against the ground like a snake slithering
Feeling the dirt and moisture all around me
I want to stand up and dust myself off but cant see what I am doing
The grass is too tall and it blocks the sun
Surrounded by darkness on all sides
Cold sets in and my body becomes chilled
Bones brittle and grinding together with each movement
I reach for support grasping out
But there is nothing there but fragile grass
Finally I muster the strength to stand
My body racked with pain I grimace forward towards the light
The cold dusky sky clouds at my back
Pain lingers but I move forward not giving up hope
Taking one step at a time
Finding a nice open area with a chair
Sitting to relax my aching muscles I take in the sun
Letting it energize and rejuvenate my body
Hoping for peace in this dark world
I look forward onto the openness of life
I will linger here longer