Poem: Crush From Afar

I wrote this poem per the request of one of the ladies on the AfterEllen forum. Thanks for the recommendation. I look forward to other members recommending poem ideas!!

You pass me by everyday on our way to class
A smile on your face and a confidence in your step
Your Coffee in your hand
Backpack carelessly slung over your shoulder
Your ipod headphones in your ears as you move to your own music
Wanting to talk to you but not knowing what to say
A lump in my throat every time I begin to speak
Palms sweaty with anticipation
My heart beats faster and faster the closer I get to you
Turning away at the last moment
Wishing I had the courage to approach you
Afraid of rejection and worried that you will not notice me
Worried I don't have a chance in hell at winning your love
Everyday we go through the same door
I tell myself I will stop you each day and make small talk
Today is the day and I am going to make it happen
You only live once and I am going to take a chance