Poem: Hurting You

It pains me to know that I have hurt you
I don't like knowing you are sick, hurt or in pain
I feel even worse knowing that I have caused it
When I feel like I am ready to give up, you are there for me
Bringing joy in my life and putting a smile onto my face
I feel like I am soaring through the clouds on a warm day
The wind is at my back propelling me through the air
Your smile brings a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart
Sharing time with you is something I cherish
Everyone makes mistakes and you love me despite my faults
I know this because I love you despite your faults
A longing is present for you that shakes me to the core
I love sharing my day with you
Sharing my feelings hopes and dreams
Talking about random adventures
Wanting to hold you in my arms
Making everything better